Tuesday 17 September 2019

My first day (Afternoon session) - 17/09/2019


Aims and Outcomes 17/09/19
Aims: To understand the principles of website design

Outcome:
Explain some of the principles of website design
Compare the principles of website design used in two websites, including their suitability for the intended audience and purpose
Analyse/Evaluate the principles of website design used in two websites, including their suitability for the intended audience and purpose
Discuss the overall impact of the site on the organisati (sic)

My blog

Today I learned about the principles of website design by comparing two websites, specifically the Morrisons and Waitrose websites.

One of my strengths during this lesson was my ability to memorise and explain technical terms, whilst researching terms that I did not already know and incorporating them into my work in my own words, whilst providing source URLs for this information.

One of my weaknesses was that I had some issues understanding the task set, so had to request assistance from staff members on a few occasions. They were helpful and I was able to understand their instructions and get on with the task.

On reflection I believe that I tried the best I could during the lesson and performed well on the task. However I will need to develop my ability to understand the task set with the aim of eventually being able to get on with it independently and without the assistance of a member of staff.

I have to complete and hand in an assignment to my tutor, Zoe by Tuesday next week. Hopefully I will be able to do that, this is important as my grades will depend on the result of this assignment and all other assignments throughout the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment