Wednesday 25 September 2019

Morning session - 25/09/2019


Aims and Outcomes 25/09/19
Aim: To design a website to meet client requirements

Outcomes:
State the importance of designing a website
Explain the purpose of the website
Explain the client requirements and intended audience
Develop alternative ideas for your website
Create a site map to show how your web pages are related
List the house style for your website
Include design principles in your ideas and house style
Learn to use Axure RP

My blog:

Today I learned how to plan and design a website, this was done through both extensive drafting and mindmapping.

My strengths which I demonstrated today were that I demonstrated a good technical competence and understanding of the key areas involved in the topic and task.

My weaknesses which I encountered today were that I have been a bit over enthusiastic when drawing mind maps and would often do them in a manner which was scruffy and disorganised. This meant that whilst I could read and understand them, someone else might have difficulties doing so. I need to further improve my skills, ability and compentence in that area. I will do so by requesting assistance and if I have time I will consider doing a "rough draft" of a mindmap before creating it. I will also consider the implentation of IT in the future, with the intention of eliminating or reducing the impact of this issue.

On reflection, I feel that I tried very hard today and have done a good job both demonstrating my competence and in identifying my weaknesses. I will make sure to address them in the way I have planned with the view to eliminating them in the future. I will also make sure to keep up the good work and avoid any coasting which may cause a decrease in standards.

I have been assigned another task to do by my tutor, this is due in on the 1st November 2019. I will make sure to try my hardest to get it done and submitted to my tutor in the correct fashion on or before that date.

No comments:

Post a Comment