Wednesday 18 September 2019

Second session - 18/09/2019

"Aims & Objectives

A1 Threat types*
• Internal threats
The three greatest insider threats to your organisation, and how to beat them in the resources column.
• External threats.
research recent examples of cyber-attacks from a variety of external resources and present findings
• Physical threats.
What physical threats apply to learners’ own personal uses of IT?
• Social engineering and software-driven threats
Learners research recent examples of malware including virus attacks, ransomware etc


Identify threats from Social Engineering
Describe threats from software
Identify the difference between Virus, worms, trojans et al etc.
Explain what processes might be in place to minimise the risk to a business from this type of attack.
Explain the difference between active and passive threats
Identify who owns their data
Identify how their online behaviour may be risky
Describe the various legal requirements for data security
Capture and identify packets"

I have learned about various types of virus, their vectors and when they spread amongst other things about them. 

My strength was the quantity and quality of information which I discovered during my research online as well as my ability to word, quote and source it into a presentation. 

My weakness was my hesitation and reliance on my teammate when creating and delivering the presentation. I feel that my self-confidence and assertiveness could use some improvement. This is an area for improvement which I will try and work on in the future.

I have done a good job today and will hopefully do even better next time I find myself in a similar situation. 

I have not been assigned any tasks which will need to be done in the future. This is good as it reflects on my ability to get what I need to get done done on time and in my lesson time. I also have to complete and hand in an assignment to my tutor, Zoe by Tuesday next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment