Thursday 5 December 2019

Both sessions 05/12/2019

Session 23 - Aims & Objectives - 05/12/19

Lesson Aims:
Finalise an OOP exercise in Python
Put EDP knowledge into practice
Practice knowledge learned over learning aims C and D
Understand the concept of growth mindset
Create new SMART targets

Learning Objectives:
Finish the OOP bank account example
Identify EDP examples in real life / computing
Analyse and explain EDP examples in real life / computing
Identify EDP elements of a GUI
Analyse and explain EDP elements of a GUI
Complete a practice exam
Complete a practice exam scoring at least 50%
Complete a practice exam scoring at least 65%

Today I learned about fixed vs flexible mindsets, as well as completing an exam on the Principles of Computer Science. I believe that I did a good job in writing a about real life examples of event driven programming, those being level crossings and CD / RA indicators. CD stands for "Close Doors" and RA stands for "Right Away". However I feel that my performance in my exam was poor as I only achieved about a quarter of the available marks, on reflection I should have revised more. I have no new deadlines but must get my Unit 15 assignment handed in on or before 12/12/2019.

My SMART targets are the following: to avoid making certain comments e.g. "Yes Sir, Yes Sir, Three Bags Full"  during lessons, in front of staff or other students who might find it inappropriate, and to ensure that my general behaviour remains appropriate and acceptable, whether in or out of lesson times. I will continue to ensure that my behaviour does not disrupt other pupils from learning or staff from teaching, to finish off and submit A3, to continue to achieve all objectives regarding my VMs on the Azure platform, and to continue to refresh and retain my understanding of the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment