Wednesday 15 January 2020

Afternoon session - 07/01/2020

Lesson aims - to set up a mini network and capture packets using a packet sniffer

AO1- Working in groups, use the PCs accessed in the past and collect a router / switch
AO2 - ensure Wireshark has been installed and look at the output to see what information was collected

Today I learned that setting up old computers from the cupboard is a difficult task and easier said then done. My strengths were putting in 100% effort and making every effort to contribute to the team's collective effort, even when people weren't exactly grateful for my enthusiasm. My main weakness was that I spent too long on an impossible task, namely trying to connect a network of computers to the internet via an old router out of the cupboard. In the future I will use the easiest method available and just connect one computer via a LAN cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment