Thursday 17 October 2019

Both sessions - 17/10/2019

Lesson Aims:
Practice creating functions, pseudocode and flowcharts
Introduce and explore the concept of stacks and queues
Revise knowledge using KnowItAlLNinja
Identify the importance of internet safety
Practice programming skills

Learning Objectives:
Create pseudocode and flowcharts to describe a function
Use the above to create python code
Reinforce knowledge using KnowItAllNinja
Identify the importance of staying safe online
Write code using Python

My blog
Today I learned more about creating functions, pseudocode and flowcharts, as well as the concept of stacks and queues and the importance of internet safety. I also practiced my programming skills.

I did a good job when making an internet safety poster which was shown to the rest of the class, my course tutor noticed this and praised me for my efforts. 

My poster included the following tips: be aware of who you are speaking to online, make sure that you know what location information you are sharing, take care when you are using a webcam online, and finally you should consider your digital footprint. If you do not want everyone else to see something, then do not publicly post it online.

However I did discover that my knowledge on Unit 1, which covers the Principles of Computer Science, was lacking. This was shown as I scored a low score on a Kahoot quiz, which did surprise me.

In the future I will do more revision to make sure that I familiar with the appropriate Unit knowledge which will hopefully be reflected when it comes to exams.

I have a new deadline which is 29/10/2019, during this time I need to get myself up to scratch on Know It All Ninja, which is a website that provides revision material and quizzes. I also need to submit my assignments on or before my existing deadlines which are 06/11/2019 for the Unit 7 assignment and 01/11/2019 for the Unit 15 assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment